For this week's lecture, we analysed the recursive binary search function and talked about its precondition and postcondition. We were also showed how the precondition leads to the postcondition and the code's eventual termination using induction. Afterwards we looked at merge-sort once again and analysed it's pre- and postcondition. I would be lying if I said I wasn't confused, but that usually happens when I go to lecture anyways; I think it's due to a mix of the professor going a bit fast and my own preconceived thoughts of the difficulty of the material - I thought that since I already did pre- and post- condition in CSC165 that this wouldn't be hard to grasp, but this course goes more in-depth than what I had previously learned.
In my tutorial, I sat up in the front this time and I must say, there was a huge difference from sitting at the farther region of the room. At the back I could barely see what was on the board and the TA's voice did not reach down there, but at the front the chalk was finally visible and the TA's voice was somewhat clearer (my TA isn't very loud in the first place). I'm a bit uneasy with the quiz however, since I had gotten a suspicious answer... but we'll just have to wait for the results!
No comments:
Post a Comment